Reporting to the Content Director, the successful candidate will play an integral role to help us manage and drive forward Something Big’s content department.
We believe that a strategic approach to developing content is the key to creating truly engaging and effective marketing campaigns with demonstrable ROI for our clients.
We plan and produce content for digital platforms, emails, and print materials (such as brochures and flyers) and manage a wide range of social platforms for our clients and our own marketing, including Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Snapchat.
The role of Content Executive is to support the wider content team to manage all aspects of our clients’ content outputs, including content planning, copywriting and social media management.
You will be exposed to a wide range of industries; we work for clients in sectors including logistics, information technology, hospitality, and education.
Working on behalf and in conjunction with the content team, you’ll be:
- Planning, managing and reporting on social media campaigns
- Creating and scheduling content for our clients’ social streams and digital platforms, including tweets, blog posts, Instagram posts (including photography), email copy, website copy, and video scripts – this involves extensive industry research so that we can position our clients as thought leaders and innovators in their sectors
- Managing agreed social media accounts
- Implementing paid social media campaigns
- Proofreading content and identifying opportunities for improvement / restructure to ensure alignment with the client’s brief
Skills and Expertise
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably 1-2 years’ experience in-house or agency
- Strong short and long copywriting skills – ideally the candidate has experience in journalism (e.g. school / university newspapers, blogging)
- A driven approach to project management and planning
- A good understanding of major social media platforms
- Experience in creating and managing content across a range of platforms
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- You will be motivated, bright and willing to take on new challenges
- With a positive approach and the ability to adapt to changes, you will work well within a dynamic team, meeting deadlines and exceeding customer expectations
- You will be solution-focused with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic who can proactively see projects through from start to finish
- You will have the ability to prioritise your own workload and multi-task in a busy, pressurised environment whilst maintaining the highest level of attention to detail
- Ideally the successful candidate will be educated to A-level or Degree level (or equivalent). GSCEs in English and Maths at grade C or above, or an equivalent qualification, are essential
- Enthusiasm and skill
Things to expect working for Something Big
- 22 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Cash benefit non-contributory NHS Top-Up Scheme
- Contributory pension
- Monthly Company Huddles
- Monthly 121s with your line manager, 6 monthly appraisals
- Social events throughout the year
For jobs / vacancy enquiries: